The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has declared the final result of Combined Defence Services (CDS) Examination (I) 2017 Officers Training Academy (OTA) on the official website.
Combined Defence Service Exam (I) Result 2017 (OTA) Union Public Service Commission(UPSC)
Candidates can check their results through the official website of the UPSC. The official website is upsc.gov.in. As per the reports, the Combined Defence Services written examination and interview was held to select candidates for Officers Training Academy (OTA) Chennai, for 107th Short Service Commission course (for men), and Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, for 21st Short Service Commission Women (Non-Technical). According to the official notification, a total of 181 men and 51 women have qualified for the UPSC CDS 2017 exam.
How to Check UPSC CDS (I) OTA Final Results 2017
- Go to the official website i.e upsc.gov.in
- Click on the notification i.e “Final Result of Combined Defence Services Examination (I), 2017 OTA”
- Click on the PDF
- Check your roll number and check your result
- Download the PDF and take a printout for future reference.
UPSC Combined Defence Service Exam
The CDS Examination is conducted by The Union Public Service Commission, twice a year. This examination is conducted for the recruitment of candidates in INA, IMA, IAA, OTA. The exam notification is released mostly in the month of June and then October, Sometimes the examination is conducted in the month of February and November in the same year. Only unmarried graduates are eligible for the exam. And all the candidates who qualify the written examination are further called for the SSB Interview.This process will be based on two rounds i.e. Intelligence Test and Psychological Aptitude Test.
Age Limit For Combined Defence Service Exam
|Indian Air Force Academy||19-23 years|
|Indian Military Academy||19-24 years|
|Indian Naval Academy||19-22 years|
|Officers Training Academy||19-25 years|
- For Indian Military Academy/Officers Training Academy: Degree from a recognized university or equivalent
- For Indian Naval Academy: Degree in Engineering from a recognized University/Institution
- For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering
Vacancy details for UPSC CDS
Indian Army, Indian Military Academy, Dehradun — 100
Indian Navy, Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala – 45
Air Force Academy, Hyderabad — 32 (Pre-Flying)
SSC Course (NT) (For Men), Officers Training Academy, Chennai— 225
SSC Women (Non-Technical), Officers Training Academy, Chennai – 12
After declaration of UPSC CDS (1) 2017 Result
Instructions for candidates who have qualified as per the UPSC CDS (1) 2017 Result of Written Exam.
To submit the original certificates which show the age (date of birth), educational qualifications, NCC (C) (Army Wing/Senior Division Air Wing/Naval Wing) etc.along with attested copies of thereof, to
- Army Headquarters, A.G.’s Branch/Rtg./CDSE Entry Section for males and SSC Women Entry Section for women candidates.
- West Block-III, Ground Floor, Wing 1, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066 in case of IMA/SSC as their first choice.
- IHQ of MoD (Navy), DMPR (OI & R Section), Room No. 204, ‘C’-Wing, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi-110011 in case of Navy as their first choice.
- PO 3 (A) Air Headquarters, ‘J’ Block, Room No. 17, Opp. Vayu Bhawan, Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi-110011 in case of Air Force as their first choice.
The original Certificates are to be submitted within two weeks of completion of the SSB Interview.The candidates must not send the original Certificates to the Union Public Service Commission.
UPSC is a central recruitment agency of India, located in Delhi.It is responsible for conducting examinations for All India services and group A & group B of Central services.It is Established on 1 October 1926 as Public Service Commission then it was later reconstituted as Federal Public Service Commission by the Government of India Act, 1935.After independence, the federal public service commission becomes Union Public Service Commission.The main functions of the Commission are to conduct examinations for appointment to the services of the Union, direct recruitment by selection through interviews, appointment of officers on promotion/deputation/absorption, framing and amendment of Recruitment Rules for various services and posts under the Government, disciplinary cases relating to different Civil Services, advising the Government on any matter referred to the Commission by the President of India.