CBSE: UGC NET(National Eligibility Test), JRF, Central Board of Secondary Education Lecturer Exam July 2018
Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) conducts the National Eligibility Test(NET) on behalf of University Grants Commission(UGC). Every year CBSE conducts the NET examination. CBSE evaluate a candidate to be eligible for the post of Assistant Professor in Indian Universities and colleges and Junior Research Fellowship. This year CBSE will conduct the NET exam on 8th July 2018. This is an offline examination taken by candidates to apply for Assistant Professor/Lecturer or Junior Research Fellowship. The main aim of UGC NET 2018 is to ensure minimum standards for the entrants in teaching professions and research. This exam is conducted only one time a year. Junior Research Fellowship(JRF) awardees will be eligible to pursue research in their postgraduate subject from IIT’s or other national organization. An applicant will have to enter their Aadhaar card number, Name, Date of Birth and Gender to register for UGC NET 2018. UGC NET 2018 application form can be filled till 5th April 2018.
Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) UGC NET Exam 2018
The Central Board of Secondary Education also known as CBSE. The CBSE will conduct the National Eligibility Test(NET) every year. Several number of applicants appear the UGC NET exam. The CBSE is a Board of Education for public and private schools under the government of India. Candidates who have cleared UGC NET 2018 exams can be a part of the teaching profession and research on several subjects of Humanities, Social Science, Computer science and Applications, Electronics Science, Forensic Science and Environmental Science. CBSE is a the official organizer of the UGC NET. UGC or other institutions under various schemes provide Fellowship to the candidates are awarded Assistant Professor or JRF and Assistant Professor positions based on their performance in both the papers. This year it has released the official notification of UGC NET 2018. It has scheduled to organize the NET 2018 on Sunday, 8th July 2018 in 91 cities all over the country.
Important Dates of UGC NET 2018
|UGC NET Official Notification Release Date||23rd February 2018|
|Starting Date of UGC NET Application Form||6th March 2018|
|Last Date to Submit the UGC NET Application Form||5th April 2018|
|Last date to Pay UGC NET Application Fee||6th April 2018|
|UGC NET Admit Card Annoucement Date||Last Week of June 2018|
|UGC NET Exam Date||8th July 2018|
|UGC NET Exam Answer Key||Will be available soon|
|UGC NET 2018 Result Announcement Date||Will be available soon|
Eligibility Criteria for UGC NET 2018
For every examination, there is a specific eligibility criteria that candidates have to fulfill, If they wish to apply for the UGC NET examination. The conditions of eligibility for CBSE UGC NET 2018 is given below,
- Candidates willing to apply for the UGC NET 2018 examination should have qualified with at least 55% marks in Master’s Degree or equivalent from any University / Institute, recognized by the UGC. Candidates must have studied Humanities, Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc., as subjects in degree. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD category should have at least 50% marks in Master’s Degree.
- Candidates who have appeared in the final year of Master’s, whose result is not declared yet, and whose examination has been delayed can also apply.
- All the Ph.D degree holder candidates if your master’s degree examination has been completed by 19th September 1991 then you will be eligible to apply for UGC NET 2018 with the relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks.
Age Limit for UGC NET 2018
Junior Research Fellowship: Candidates to appear in UGC NET Exam 2018 for Junior Research Fellowship post, note that your age should not more than 30 years as on 1st July 2018. Also 5 years of age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC/PWD.
Assistant Professor: Candidates who are going to appear in UGC NET 2018 examination for Assistant professor post, can apply at any age. There is no upper age limit for Assistant Professor post.
The application fee of UGC NET 2018 varies category wise. Application fee, once paid is not refundable or transferable under any circumstances. Fee details are given below,
- General Category- Rs. 1000/-
- OBC- NCL- Rs. 500/-
- SC/ST/PwD/Transgender- Rs. 250/-
Mode of payment
Application fee is payable through credit or debit card or through e-challan. candidates submitting the fee through e-challan have to make the payment in cash to Syndicate, Canara or ICIC bank.
The validity period of UGC NET 2018 results will be 2 years with respect to the date if issue of JRF letter. But the validity of UGC NET score for Lectureship is a lifetime.
UGC NET Exam Pattern 2018
Candidates can check the CBSE UGC NET 2018 exam pattern at the official website. The exam pattern which tells about the marking scheme, number of questions, duration of the exam etc.
- The test will consist of two papers. first paper is general paper and second one is subject based.
- Examination will be conducted in offline mode. Candidates have to mark their answers on the optical mark reader sheet(OMR)
- Total 150 questions will be asked in NET which are divided in to 2 papers. Paper one contains 50 questions and paper two contains 100 questions. All questions are compulsory to attempt.
- All papers will have objective type questions
- Candidates can choose the paper medium either Hindi or English. Choose for paper medium can be exercised at the time of filling the application form
- Duration of UGC NET exam is paper I will be of 1 hour while paper II will be of 2 hours.
- Marking scheme of UGC NET exam is each correct answer will carry 2 marks
- CBSE is not following negative marking scheme in UGC NET examination
UGC NET 2018 Application Form
- Candidates wishing to apply for UGC NET 2018 have to fill the application form through online mode. The application form will be available at official website of CBSE
- The application form has been released from 6th March 2018
- Aadhaar card is necessary to apply for UGC NET 2018
- The application process consist of four steps 1) Fill the application form 2) Upload scanned photograph and signature 3) Pay the examination fee 4) Print the application form
- There is no need to send the application form to CBSE
How to apply online for UGC NET 2018?
- Visit the official website of CBSE NET, cbsenet.nic.in
- Read the notification published regarding UGC NET 2018 carefully.
- After checking your eligibility ,click on the apply online.
- Register yourself and after you receive a registration number and password log in using those details.
- Fill in all the necessary information asked in the application form.
- Upload your scanned passport size photograph and signature in the specified format.
- Pay application fee through the e-Challan generated by the website.
- After that submitting your application form, take printouts for future reference.
UGC NET 2018 Admit Card
Candidates can download their UGC NET 2018 admit card from the official website once it is released. Candidates can use their registration number and date of birth for downloading the admit card. The UGC NET 2018 admit card will be available on 18th June 2018.
UGC NET 2018 Result 2018
The UGC NET 2018 results will be announced on 29th July 2018. A merit list is generated based on the aggregate marks of the candidates who secure the minimum marks required in both the papers. Only the top 6% candidates will be declared NET qualified for Assistant Professor.